Narcan Distribution and Opioid Overdose Prevention Program
Community Action for Responding to Emergencies and Saving lives
- To reduce opioid-related overdoses and deaths in Duval County, St. Johns County, and surrounding counties in Florida.
- To increase access to Narcan (Naloxone) for individuals at risk of opioid overdose.
- To educate communities on opioid overdose prevention and response.
Mobile Distribution Units
- Deploy mobile units equipped with trained staff to high-risk areas.
- Provide on-site Narcan distribution, training, and education on opioid overdose prevention.
- Form outreach teams to engage with vulnerable populations, including homeless individuals and those with substance use disorders.
- Distribute Narcan kits, offer harm reduction information, and connect individuals to local resources for treatment and support.
- Collaborate with local healthcare providers, pharmacies, and addiction treatment centers.
- Establish drop-off points for unused opioids and provide Narcan kits to patients receiving opioid prescriptions.
Mail Order Option
- Develop an online platform for individuals to request Narcan kits via mail.
- Include educational materials and instructions on proper use and storage.
School and College Initiatives
- Partner with schools and colleges to offer Narcan training to staff, teachers, and students.
- Distribute Narcan kits and provide overdose response education.
- Offer workplace-based Narcan training and distribution to employees.
- Encourage businesses to have Narcan readily available in case of emergencies.
Community Workshops and Events
- Organize regular workshops and events in collaboration with local community centers.
- Provide Narcan training, overdose prevention education, and resources for addiction support.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Continuously monitor and analyze opioid-related data, including overdose rates and Narcan usage.
- Use data to identify high-risk areas and adjust distribution strategies accordingly.
Public Awareness Campaigns
- Launch public awareness campaigns through media outlets, social media, and community outreach.
- Promote the importance of having Narcan on hand and knowing how to use it.
Evaluation and Feedback
- Conduct regular evaluations of the program’s effectiveness.
- Gather feedback from program participants and stakeholders to make improvements.
SKIP THE WAITING ROOM
Book Your Appointment
Need some advice from our experts?
Request a Call Back Today Now!
We will make a single attempt to contact you from a withheld number, usually within 24 hours of your request.