As a patient, you have a role in your well-being. Especially, when you’re prescribed opioid medication for your pain, you have several responsibilities to ensure that you recover fast in the safest, and most effective way possible.
Here’re some best ways consider to prevent opioid misuse;
Team up with your doctor
The foremost thing that you must do to prevent opioid misuse is to work with your doctor and follow the instructions in the right manner.
- Apart from opioids, look for other options to manage your pain.
- Consult with your doctor if you have any concerns or side effects
- Make a decision that works best for your health and keep following up with your doctor constantly.
Take opioids in the right way
- While taking opioids, always make sure to take the dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Taking more amount of opioids leads to opioid addiction.
- If you’re experiencing any side effects, always feel free to inform your doctor about it.
- Don’t take opioids when you consume alcohol or use any other drugs, as it is too harmful combining both.
- Help your community by not sharing or selling your prescribed opioids. It’s always good to consult a doctor before taking opioids.
- Keep your prescribed opioids in a safe place in your home. This way, you keep it away from children and family members.
- If you have an excess of prescribed opioids after your pain management treatment, return it to the pharmacy using a send-back program or flush them down the toilet.
Need an opioid addiction treatment?
If you're looking for the best opioid addiction treatment in St Augustine, Ace Medical is certainly your one-stop destination. We help our patients in battling drug addiction and improve their ability to live a self-directed life with a tailored medication program for every individual.
To get an appointment, call us at (904) 342-0816 or register online now.